Things to Know
In an Accident
- Stop immediately, but do not obstruct traffic.
- Assist injured. Have someone call police. Repeat after 5 minutes.
- Secure names, phone numbers, addresses of other drivers, witnesses and injured persons.
- Secure make, model, license number of all cars involved.
- Make rough drawing of the scene, showing position of cars and other details.
- Keep a disposable camera in your glove box. Take pictures of the scene.
- Remain calm, courteous and consistent in your version of the accident.
- Notify Arone Auto Body as soon as possible. We can assit you in handling your claim.
- Notify your insurance company.
- You are not required by law to get more than one estimate.
- You may have the shop of YOUR CHOICE make your repairs. You are not required to use a shop selected by a claims adjuster. However, you are required by your policy to allow your insurance company a reasonable amount of time to inspect the damages prior to repairing them.
- Only YOU, the owner, can authorize repairs on your vehicle.
- Repair estimates will very. A lower estimate may not include necessary things. it's your car, make sure it's repaired to pre-collision condition.